Rhythm Kids is the next musical step for your child (ages 4-8); you're welcome as a parent or caregiver (adult participation isn't required). Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
• make up their own drumming patterns
• invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
• create movement ideas for songs
• even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
• 10 weekly, 45-minute classes
• Tree Frog Collection Songbook and 2 CDs each semester
• Access to online drum-play videos and other material
Your child will:
• Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
• Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
• Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
No classes are currently scheduled.