GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
REFUND POLICY: No tuition refunds after first class.
MEDIA RELEASE: From time to time photos or videos may be taken during class and used only for the purposes of promoting our classes on our website, fliers and/or social media pages. By agreeing to these terms you agree to have you and/or your child's photo taken and used for such purposes. You may opt out of this at any time by notifying email@example.com.
LIABILITY RELEASE: By attending class, you agree to release Motor City Music Together, LLC & its associates and facilities of liability relating to injuries or damages that may occur during class or outside class when using class activities.
PARTICIPATION: There is no better model for your child than you, the grown-up who loves him. Our children learn to be who they are by watching us do what we do. And so it goes with music learning. If a child sees his parent joyfully participating in music making, he will be motivated to do the same. 'It looks fun, so I want to do it too!' is his or her thinking.
OUTDOOR CLASSES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic and the health and safety of all families who attend Music Together® classes OUTDOORS for Fall 2020, we will be following guidelines as set by the State of Michigan as well as the CDC for outdoor events. By checking the box on the registration form, you certify that you have read this form and agree to follow the guidelines stated below.
1. Please refrain from attending class if you've been diagnosed with coronavirus, if you or your child(ren) have been in close proximity to someone who has recently had the coronavirus, if you or your children are feeling sick, have a fever, a cough, or are experiencing general difficulty breathing. A refund or credit, pro-rated if necessary will be offered should you need to cancel your registration for your Outdoor Class due to exposure to COVID- 19.
Individual missed classes can be made up using our online Zoom class scheduler; there will be no refunds or credits offered for individual missed classes.
2. Please wash your hands frequently, and before and after attending our classes. Hand sanitizer will be available at all outdoor classes. We recommend that every family bring their own hand sanitizer as well.
3. During class, children and adults will be required to maintain a minimum of a 6 foot distance between themselves and other participants who are not in the same family or other cohort. This could be challenging as children naturally tend to be social and it was not the norm in the past during our classes. However, It is the responsibility of the adult participant to maintain social distancing requirements as toddlers will naturally want to move around. Please be aware of this guideline and help us to maintain it!
4. Children under the age of 3 years will not be required to wear masks.
5. Adults and older children shall wear a surgical style face mask or other covering for their nose and mouth any time they are within 6 feet of those who are not in the same household. (This will mostly apply to the brief periods for arrival, screening, departure, and any time you need to leave your designated family space during class, for example when a child may wander into another family's space.) If you have a medical condition that prevents you being able to abide by this rule, we are very sorry, but we cannot accommodate you in our in-person classes at this time.
6. The Music Together Teacher will be teaching from a 12 ft distance in relationship to the participants. Should they leave that 12 ft radius they will be wearing a mask.
7. Restroom Use - Some outdoor location might NOT have available bathrooms. Please go to the bathroom before you com, and consider carrying a potty in your car for younger children who might have "potty emergencies" during class.
8. Instruments or other objects will not be shared. Families will be advised about what to bring from home for instruments or props. A list of recommended instruments or homemade substitutes will be sent out so that you know what to have in your Music Together kit to bring along with you to class.
9. Weather issues - If the class is cancelled due to rain or heat, classes will be held on zoom. Additionally, if the seasonal weather turns too Families who miss individual classes can make them up using our online class scheduler. There will be no refunds or credits offered for missed classes.
10. If, at any point in the 9-week Outdoor Term, the teacher or Director at Motor City Music Together feels it is unwise or unsafe to continue In-Person classes, they have the discretion to move classes to an online format.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING FOR YOUR
OUTDOOR MUSIC TOGETHER CLASS
1. A BLANKET OR SOMETHING TO SIT ON. Because grass can sometimes be wet in the mornings we also recommend the optional use of a tarp underneath your family blanket.
2. WATER BOTTLE
3. HAND SANITIZER
4. INSTRUMENTS FOR THE DAY: Your teacher will email you the day before with info about what you need to bring to class. A small instrument set can be purchased on our website, or you can bring home made instruments. Children and adults will not be sharing instruments with other families. We understand this might be challengin, but it is a temporary precaution for everyone's health and safety.
5. Also consider SUNSCREEN and INSECT REPELLENT.
6. A smile!