To access the music and songbook on a mobile device, you’ll need the app, which is available in the Apple App Store and Google Play store, for free.
- Once in the app, you’ll have to log in by clicking the 3 dots in the top right corner and choosing Login.
- If you do not have a Music Together® account, you’ll have to create one (follow the prompts). As long as you use the same username and password you can access your account on multiple (I believe up to 5, but it might be 10) mobile devices— so Mom’s phone, Dad’s phone, Kids’ tablet, etc. — just be sure to use the same login info!
- If you have an account already, you can just log in.
- Once logged in, click the 3 dots in the top right corner again and click “Access Code” Here you will enter the access code at the bottom of this email and tap Submit
- Once the access code is accepted, you’re good to go on your mobile device!
To access the Songs:
- From the Home screen of the app, tap the “Music” speech bubble to access the songs — you’ll be able to see all the collections you’ve done (for which you entered your code into the app) and either download them to your app or stream them. If you’ve entered multiple access codes and thus have multiple semesters’ worth of songs in your app, you may need to swipe at the bottom to get to Maracas 2020.
- You can also now make playlists with songs from all your downloaded collections!
- Click the 3 dots in the top corner and tap Playlists
- Tap Add Playlist
- Enter a name
- Tap the playlist you’ve just created (it’ll say it’s empty)
- Tap Go to Music
- Tap the checkmark to the right of each song you want to add to the playlist
- Swipe along the bottom red bar to access different semesters
- Check the box next to the name of the playlist to which you want to add the song and press OK
To access the Digital Songbook*:
- Tap on the “Let’s Play!” speech bubble
- Tap Maracas Family Songbook
- Tap the white arrows to turn pages
*If on a phone, I recommend turning the phone horizontally to see better, as it is quite small so, ideally accessing the songbook on a bigger screen, like a tablet, computer, or screen mirroring to a tv if you can, is better!
The app is full of other fun features! Visit the Facebook page to see a fun informational video on all the things you can do with the app! Also, make sure to Like and Follow the main Motor City Music Together Families page as well!
Desktop / Laptop Computer
To access the music and songbook on a computer, visit the main Music Together® website at https://www.musictogether.com.
- Click “Login” in the red banner, top right, and either log in using your account if you already have one, or follow the prompts to create an account if you don't have one yet
- Once logged in, click on the “Music Zone” button in the red banner, top left
- Click “Access Code” in the blue menu banner on the right, enter your access code in the box and click “Submit”
To access the songs:
- Click “Music Library” on the menu on the left side of the screen. This will take you to a list of songs.
- If you’ve entered codes from previous semesters, to access the current songs, find Maracas 2020 from the “Collection” drop down menu
- You’ll see a screen that looks like this (this is a little different since it’s the teacher version but it should be pretty similar):
- To play a song (stream it on the computer without downloading it) click the blue circle with the white triangle to the left of the song name (highlighted by purple star)
- To download a single song to your computer, click the arrow button (highlighted by yellow hexagon)
- To download the entire album, click the album name (highlighted by the green oval)
- To see more activity ideas, click the Activities button (highlighted by the red rectangle
- If you choose to download the songs to your computer (open them with your computer’s music app (like iTunes) and you can play the songs there! You can also sync your mobile device with your computer and play the songs through your music app on your phone/tablet rather than through the app
To access the Digital Songbook:
- Click “Let’s Play!” on the menu on the left side of the screen
- You’ll see a screen that looks like this (mine is a little different since it’s the teacher version but it should be pretty similar):
- Here you’ll have your Family Songbook, the Music Notation book for those of you who can read music and want the sheet music, as well as other fun ideas of how to Sing And Play with your Music Together® Maracas collection
- Click on the various digital books to access them
- Turn pages by clicking the arrows or clicking the top of the corners when they fold over like dog ears
- Use the magnifying glass icon to toggle between single-page view and side-by-side open book two-page view
- Click on the musical activities to see all sorts of fun musical games you can play as you sing the Maracas songs!